Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jacob 2 years 3 months

Jacob is just so much fun!!! I love love love having a two year old. Despite the tantrums and strong will Jacob just makes every day so much fun. He is so much more cuddly than he was as a baby. I love to cuddle with my kids so this is a major plus. He is also loving just being home and playing with his brother. This is a major plus for Mommy even if we make it to the gym less and less every week. I keep telling myself I have the rest of my life to be thin, the boys will be big before I know it.

Right now Jacob's favorite things are to play make believe and to sing songs. It's nice for him right now that Deacon doesn't know the difference and will go along with his little games. His favorite thing to play make believe with is his blanket. Sometimes it's a cage for his puppy and other times it is a cape or a scarf. It is so funny to listen to him play. He has a BIG imagination. The other day he was giving my friend Haley pieces of sand that were caterpillars and bugs. How funny is that, seriously where does he come up with this stuff??? Our table is also a rain forest for him and Deacon to play in. Don't call it a table or Jacob may loose control. Jacob also pretends to be animals and that his is hunting and fishing. As long as he doesn't pretend to be shooting the lady at target again I'm OK with it.

Jacob is such a little singer. His favorite song to sing is the ABC song. The only problem is that he is very selective about who he will sing it for. He sings it best for Great Grandma Huyser and for me. Don't know why the little guy is so shy about his favorite song. I hope to video him soon!! He also like the song "When Pigs Get Up In The Morning" from kindermusik. He loves to change the wording and sing when Jacob gets up in the morning.

Jacob's most recent obsession is the girls who live next door. He talks about them and asks for them everyday. If the girls aren't outside he always tells me what they are probably doing. "Mommy, Kenzi and Brooke are probably eating lunch" or "Mommy, Kenzi and Brooke are probably sleeping" It is really very cute how much he enjoys playing with them. They also two of the nicest little girls. They play really sweet together and because they are both a little older than he is they try to take care of him.

That's my little Jacob!! I love him more and more everyday and I'm so thankful that I'm able to be home with him and enjoy his sweetness!! Praise God for the beautiful gift he gave me in Jacob!

4 comments:

The Lucas Family said...

Was the Target incident yesterday? I was there yesterday with my girls and was just getting ready to leave when I saw you guys walk in. Alyssa loved playing with Brooke and Kenzie too :) Those girls must really know how to make some friends. Your boys are both so adorable!

kylie said...

I must agree... you have some pretty darn cute kids!! You better not be done making them!

J said...

Our little Jakie Jake!! Love that little guy... he is smart as a whip and cuter than a bug. I will admit my bias, but he is a special little guy.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that Jacob loves playing with the girls. Evertime Kenzie goes outside she say's "can I play with Jacob?" she looks over at your house every time we go out just to see if your outside. It's so nice that they all get along.