Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pumpkin Fest






The boys and I made a trip downtown Zeeland to see he Pumpkin fest displays on Friday afternoon. Jacob loved them!! He could hardly talk fast enough to let me know what each one was. His favorite was THE CAT AND THE HAT!! He even needed to be held up for a picture. Deacon wished he could get out and touch everything but until he is a little steadier on his feet we will keep him in the stroller!!
Saturday Jacob and I participated in the Pumpkin Fest run. Jacob did the 100 yard dash with his cousin and I ran the 5k. This was a big accomplishment for both of us. It was Jacob's first race and my first race since 2005. I was content with my finish and would like to do some more road races now that I no longer can use the excuse of being pregnant or having a little baby!!
Lastly we didn't make it to the parade due to the rainy weather and a birthday party to attend. We are thankful for how far we have come since last year after the pumpkin parade Deacon was in the hospital.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

looks like it's pretty cold up there! nice job on the run martha, heard that you got first in your ago group, way to go!

Mary said...

Good job Jacob on your 1st run!! I am sure you will be doing many more!!!!!
Love, Grandma Mary