Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Self Feeding 101

Jacob has been showing his Independence a lot lately, including his desire to be the one putting the spoon or fork into his mouth. I on the other hand have been enjoying the control of feeding him but last night we decided at dinner to let Jacob at it and feed himself. It was a big mess but better to do it at home than while eating out and about.
This new phase of Jacob's life will definitely be a challenge for me as I hate messes like that but then I remind myself that just a year ago he was only days old and I need to enjoy each moment as they go way to quickly.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Caden's going through the same thing! He always wants to hold the spoon himself! At least the bath tub isn't to far away for cleaning up the BIG mess! :) Cute pics. (hope he's feeling better after his rough couple of days last week!)

J said...

Mart - you grew up too. Trust me...it is often difficult to see that as well. But we all love those moments!