Monday, May 12, 2008

Good Weekend

Mother's Day weekend was a good weekend with some fun family time and also time with some good friends. Saturday Jason went to the Red Wings game with Brian while Jacob and I got the privilege of babysitting baby Carter and then having dinner with him and his Mommy. Lucky for me Jacob wanted to rock Carter and once he was asleep take a nap himself. I managed to get more done while Carter was at our house than I did the rest of the day. Hopefully Jacob will want to nap when the baby naps when it's his little brother! (Want to see pictures check out Brian and Kelly's Blog. My computer is still broken and I can't upload pictures on this one without messing Jason stuff up.)

Sunday we spend time with both of our mom's, so nice that we live so close to both of them. Jacob was also so thoughtful to get me a new robe for the hospital when baby #2 arrives. My robe from when Jacob was born is wonderful but a little warm for August so Jacob thought I should have a new one. Jason also got me the info on Wii Fit. We will see if I get it when it actually comes out.

Most importantly it was good to reflect on being a Mother and on how blessed I am to have such a great mother and mother-in-law. Now that I have my own little guy and anther one on the way I truly realize all the work you have done and still do and how tired you must have been for many many years. THANK YOU!!! Love ya both!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you Jason, Martha & Jacob for a wonderful Mothers Day!! Martha, you are also a wonderful Mother!!

Jayme said...

I think you are too! Happy belated Mother's Day!