Friday, April 15, 2011

Tenley Paige

We welcome with LOVE
Tenley Paige
4/11/11
6lbs. 14oz.
20 inches
Never thought we would be putting flowers and bows on anyone at our house!! SO FUN!!!
A quick reminder of the day she was born. It was a Monday and I was induced after showing no signs of going into labor soon on my own. Funny thing after they had thought I would go into labor early. I happend to have been pregnant longer than I was with either of the boys with my precious Tenley.
Labor progressed rather slowly and we even had thoughts of it taking a day!! Not what I had hoped for. Then with an epidural and a little pitocin early afternoon things were moving again and Tenley was born 5:34p.m. I have never felt the emotion I felt when they put Tenley on my chest. I really don't know if it was the effect of a difficult pregnancy or the bond I pray I will have with my little girl but the emotions were flowing like never before.
I pray I will have a strong relationship with her and be as wonderful a mother to her as my mother has always been to me. My mom holding my little girl simply brings tears to my eyes still. I hope to that my mother will also be close to her granddaughter.
The evening after she was clean up weighted measured and wrapped up took a little scary turn as she had a little trouble breathing during feedings and turned blue for a moment. This delayed our announcement to our family and friends by a bit but we still managed to get grandparents and proud big brothers up to see little Tenley before bedtime!! Thankful Tenley has been breathing well since!!! PRAISE GOD!!!
The rest of the hospital stay involved many fun visits from family and friends!!! Always so fun to see everyone and introduce the new little bundle of love!!!
Love the car seat picture!! such a good reminder of how tiny they are!!

No comments: