Monday, August 27, 2007

At least we gave it a try!

This morning I made a small mistake with Jacob's formula. For those of you who don't know Jacob takes special hypoallergenic formula so that he keeps it down and grows big and strong. Anyway, at Jacob's 4 month appointment the doctor had said that I should try regular formula now that Jacob is getting older. Well I tried one bottle 2 weeks ago and he was a mess but this morning I accidentally open a regular bottle of formula and fed it to him not noticing until his second feeding. So I continued to feed it to him seeing as how he had been pretty happy all morning. Unfortunately this was a big mistake. By late afternoon/early evening he was not such a happy camper. All he wanted was to be held (although I love to hold him I can get nothing done that way.) We couldn't even eat dinner whiteout him in our arms. Needless to say he had hypoallergenic formula again before bed and we will not be trying regular formula again anytime soon. I guess my mistake didn't work out so well. At least I can honestly tell the doctor next week that we tried it twice and it just didn't work.

On another note Jason leaves the day after tomorrow for Africa!! He seems like he's pretty ready. He even had time to take Jacob's 6th month pictures tonight. Luckily we could cheer Jacob up enough to take them! I think we got a few good ones. I will try to post some soon. For today here are a few pictures of Jacob helping Jason pack for his big trip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Jacob would fit just right in the suitcase!

Haley said...

Looks like Jason is getting all ready to go...how nice of Jacob to help his dad pack up! :)

Teresa said...

Can't wait to see those 6 month pictures!