Sunday, February 24, 2008

A present from Texas


This weekend Jacob and I got a package from Texas!!! Julie was so thoughtful to send us both birthday presents. (Thanks Jules!!) When Jacob woke up from his nap daddy helped him open his present and boy did he love it! He couldn't get enough of the ribbons and paper. I think he will be ready for his birthday party on Thursday.

Today my cousin Grace and I celebrated our joint birthdays a few days early at Grandma Bouwens house. Grace was born on my 16th birthday. Not such a lovely picture of me but she sure is a cute little girl. Grace and Claire loved playing with Jacob and building things for him to push over.

Jacob also took his first 3 steps while we were at Grandma Bouwens house. (his great-grandma) I missed the first step but luckily caught the last two. Jason missed all of them but will hopefully see some in the near future.


5 comments:

Jayme said...

Jacob should be getting another package in the mail from NC this week as well. It will be delivered via UPS ground probably tomorrow.

Kate said...

Can't believe he's walking already!!! Seems like just yesterday you had your little baby belly...oh wait! You still do :)

julielsimon said...

Glad to see the little guy got his gift :-) I can't believe he's one already -- and walking!

Heidi said...

Yea! First steps...way to go Jacob! Now he's really going to keep you busy Martha! We had fun at your house the other day! Caden wants to play again sometime! :)

Mary said...

Happy Birthaday Martha!!!! Hope you have a great day! I can't believe Jacob took his first steps!! We'll really work on his walking this weekend!! We can't wait to spoil him!!!