Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It is always ME...

Well, I decided to make life interesting again last night and take another trip to the Zeeland Emergency Room. I just flash my pass and they let me right in to the back room now. Anyways it was our first sofball game for the fall session and we were in the 3rd inning I think and I hit a ball deep into center field, as I rounded 2nd base the ball was just on its way to the cutoff man so I thought it would be a close play at 3rd. I slid into 3rd and managed to put my arm down somehow and felt a strange popping, tingling, not really good feeling down my arm, but I was safe. The next batter pop flyed out so I went to the bench and sent someone out in my place to play 1st base. Took me a couple minutes to decide to go to the ER, the pain wasnt going away and I really couldnt move my arm more than about 6 inches so I knew something wasnt right. They werent real busy so they fixed me up pretty quick, gave me some pain meds and pulled my arm back into place, fortunately it went in easy and wasn't painful. They did a couple xrays to make sure nothing was broken, Martha and her Dad showed up and took me home. So I have these nice pictures to show for my dislocated shoulder.

Pre-treatment on the top and leaving the hospital on the bottom.





5 comments:

Meeuwsens said...

Oh my Jason...leave it to you! Martha...are you ever going to survive with 3 boys? Let's pray Deacon takes after you!

Jayme said...

Jason, you better take care of your self!

Nick and Kristi Bonstell said...

You will have to be a bit more careful...we aren't all young anymore:)

Teresa said...

sorry to hear about your shoulder. hope you are feeling better real soon.

J said...

The x-rays are a nice pre-post view of your arm - I will use it in my classes!!! Good thing it went in easily and you are back to normal. Best of all...YOU WERE SAFE!!! I hope you feel ok today!