Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Flood of 2008

I cant remember ever seeing the water this high in my life. On the way to church we found 104th was covered in 3 different spots, we had to take a couple detours around streets that were closed. The fish and game club ponds were within 2 feet of the highway, my guess is that they were over during the night. We made a trip to the barn to pick up my truck from Saturday and found Croswell and eroded and washed away forcing us to go around to Polk St. and 124th which were both flooded over. While I thought this all seemed pretty fun while I was out taking some pictures Alex stopped by our house and said he had a little problem, Aaron's house had taken on a little water. I went over to help out and boy do we have a problem, we are guessing 2-4 inches in the basement, everything got soaked, carpet, electronics, couches and anything else within 4 inches of the ground. For those of you that dont know, Aaron and family just left for Africa on Saturday so Alex and I have some work to do.













2 comments:

Jayme said...

I can't believe all the rain that you guys have had and I hope that the water stays out of your basement. Too bad for Aaron and Rachael.

Rachael said...

THANK YOU guys so much for all your help with our house!! We really, really appreciate it. I am so sorry that you ended up with that mess, but we feel so blessed to have such caring cousins!