Monday, June 2, 2008

Water Lover

Yesterday I convinced Jason that if he wasn't going go get sand for Jacob's sand and water table that he could at least make the table and let Jacob play in the water for a while and boy did the little guy love it. Jacob was overjoyed that he could splash and play without hearing the word "NO." Obviously to those of you who have little ones Jacob's age you know the other places they find water at their height are not so sanitary. Jason and Quincy also enjoyed the shade that the table provided for them while Jacob was busy splashing about.

Do you think he's wet enough yet? Maybe next time he should go shirtless or wear a swim shirt.
Jacob also enjoyed some more water today at MVP's new pool. We thought since they predict rain a lot the rest of the week we would hit the pool today and enjoy the sunny weather. Jacob loved that he could walk right in the water and be in control of where he wanted to go. I shouldn't have been suprised but I was that he was so brave. He didn't mind the bigger kids, the spashing the water fountain, or falling in face first.

I also really enjoyed the long nap he took when we got home. The little guy was so exhausted we had to wake him up at 6:00 for dinner. I had forgotten how much faster I can make dinner when I'm not keeping him out of the snacks in the kitchen.

Poor kid was so tired he even rolled over after the picture so that he could get a few more ZZZZ's.

I think all the water must have made me tired too I'm off to bed. Praying it doesn't rain all day tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see him jump off the dock at the cabin!

Meeuwsens said...

What a cutie! Looks like he had a fun day! In response to Keith's comment...we know how much Jacob would LOVE to jump off that dock, right?! Probably won't be long! :)

Haley said...

I LOVE how he's sleeping in his crib on the last picture...what a cutie!!

Mary said...

Nama is a little jealous that he didn't come over to swim in her pool, but I am sure he will soon!!

Teresa said...

So cute! Gabe sleeps like Jacob in the last picture. Anxious to try the MVP pool with you next time.