Friday, June 20, 2008

Trying to be helpful...

While we were in the basement anyway working on the nursery Jason decided to do a little work on the wash machine. Front loading wash machines are wonderful but they do get kinda yucky if the water doesn't empty out properly. Jason thought he would be a handy man and fix this problem. As he was putting the machine back together I thought I would empty the dryer.

Little did I know when Jason started the process of fixing the wash machine he had strayed tilex into the drainage part of the machine while the clothing was still in the machine. As I'm folding clothes I notice one of his Saturday work in the barn shirts has a strange orange spot on the sleeve. I ask him what happened at which point he mentions the tilex with bleach. As I continue to empty the rest of the dry I'm slightly relieved and slightly irritated to finding two other items out of the load that were effected. Unfortunately they were mine and they were things I wore often. Jason claims I can still wear them. I guess if I go running or to bed they would be fine. At least he got the drainage problem fix with the wash machine and it gives me a good reason to get a new half zip fleece this fall after I lose the baby weight.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

what a bummer...i really liked that pink fleece but you're right, now you can go out and get a new one.

julielsimon said...

hmmm... just looks like an excuse to go shopping to me?